SAOR VIEW in WEST CORK

In response to concerns raised by West Cork based Deputy Jim Daly regarding the large population across areas of West Cork  that cannot access SAORVIEW TV, Minister Rabbitte has ordered RTE to review coverage of SAORVIEW  across County Cork.

Speaking in the Dáil today, Jim Daly outlined to the Minister that while 98% of the population could access SAORVIEW TV a large majority of the remaining 2 % lived in West Cork. “In actual fact the inverse of the above percentage is much closer to reality for the people I represent” commented Deputy Daly  The Fine Gael TD protested to the Communications Minister that the people of West Cork were being discriminated against by virtue of having to pay up to €300 extra to avail of SAORSAT TV which only has RTE 1 and 2 available. Viewers forced to avail of SAORSAT cannot access TG4 and TV3. “Constituents forced to avail of SAORSAT are being forced to pay the equivalent of 3 times the household charge for half the service of the rest of the Country” claimed Jim Daly.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login