28 July 2015
By David O’Sullivan
Cork Chamber Business School, BiznetCork Skillnet, has confirmed that nominations for the Cork Digital Marketing Awards 2015 will open on 10th August next. This is a fabulous opportunity for Cork businesses to showcase their innovative use of digital marketing and get recognition for their online engagement in an increasingly digital world.
How is digital affecting business?
Digital is reframing how we do business from changing how organisations market themselves, provide services and communicate with customers. Participating in the Cork Digital Marketing Awards can generate significant amounts of publicity amongst the business community, your peers and clients and provide a real competitive advantage when seeking talent and customers.
What do previous winners say?
Julia Lynes, Eazy City, who was the overall winner of the inaugural Cork Digital Marketing Awards in 2014 stated “The awards gave a great boost to our marketing team and to the rest of the company. We always use the phrase ‘award winning’ now and it’s particularly useful when attracting talented new team members. The media coverage which came with winning the awards was excellent and it bolstered our place within the Cork business community”.
“As the growth of Digital Marketing penetrates throughout the business community, we are delighted to bring this awards programme to the calendar again this year. Over 300 companies entered in the inaugural year and we are confident that this will grow with the extension of the awards in 2015”, added Conor Healy, CEO Cork Chamber.
How to enter?
Nominations for Cork Digital Marketing Awards 2015 will open on 10th August 2015 and you can nominate your company online at www.corkchamber.ie/training by completing a very simple on-line application form. Entry is free and open to all businesses in the region, closing date is 7th September.
Damien Mulley, Mulley Communications, digital trainer for the Cork Chamber Business School and organiser of the national Web Awards and the Social Media Awards will bring his experience to manage the nomination and judging process.
The winners of the Cork Digital marketing Awards 2015 will remain a closely guarded secret until the announcement at a gala dinner in the Fota Island Resort on 29th October 2015 where KC (Keith Cunningham), Programme Director of RedFM, will be MC for the event.
The award categories have been extended this year to include:
- 1. Best Digital Marketing by a sole-trader/start-up
- 2. Best Digital marketing by an SME
- 3. Best Digital marketing by a Corporate
- 4. Best Digital Marketing by an NGO/Charity
- 5. Best Digital Marketing using Mobile
- 6. Best use of Twitter for Business
- 7. Best use of Twitter for news & media
- 8. Best use of Facebook – company with 10 employees or less
- 9. Best use of Facebook – company with 10 – 20
- 10. Best use of Facebook – company with 20 employees or more
- 11. Best website – company with 10 employees or less
- 12. Best website – company with 10 – 20 employees
- 13. Best website – company with 20 employees or more
- 14. Best use of Video – produced by and for the Cork office
- 15. Best zero budget Digital Marketing campaign
- 16. Overall Prize – Grand Prix