28 June 2016
By David O’Sullivan
Route 202: Apple Campus – Hollyhill – City Centre – Mahon Point Shopping Centre, new timetable effective 26th June, 2016
During 2012, Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority (NTA) carried out a review of their services in Cork city and introduced an enhanced public transport network. Customer numbers have grown significantly in the city over the last four years and numerous enhancements to the network have been introduced.
As part of the ongoing review undertaken Bus Éireann and the NTA we are now pleased to announce the following significant service enhancements to Route 202: Apple Campus – Hollyhill – City Centre – Mahon Point Shopping Centre, which will commenced on Sunday June 26th, 2016.
The main features of the enhanced service offering are as follows:
· The weekday service will increase from its current 15 minute frequency to a 10 minute frequency, from 07:00 to 19:00. Thereafter, buses will run every 20 minutes until the last service at 23.30
· The Saturday service will now run every 20 minutes throughout the day
· The Sunday & Public Holiday service will now run every 20 minutes throughout the day
· A number of weekday services will now serve the Monahan Road Business Park
· All services will now operate in both directions on Ringmahon Road and will terminate at the back of Mahon Point Shopping Centre
“These significant service improvements will make Cork’s city bus services even more attractive, and easier to use, for our current and future customers and we look forward to welcoming them on-board,” said Martin Walsh, Regional Manager, South, Bus Éireann
These changes came into effect on Sunday the 26th of June, 2016 and are approved by the National Transport Authority.Follow TheCork.ie (The Online Newspaper for Cork, Ireland) on social media