29 August 2017
By Bryan T. Smyth
Stats released by the Cork Digital Marketing Awards, part of Cork Chamber Business School show that the social network of choice for those under 35 is Snapchat, followed by Facebook and then Instagram.
Facebook is still dominant for those 35 and above.
Despite media coverage showing Snapchat growth is slowing after Instagram and Facebook both copied key Snapchat features, this hasn’t convinced a younger audience to abandon Snapchat.
The stats for the social networks are below with Snapchat very dominant with nearly a million people 24 and under using it daily.
Nominations for the Cork Digital Marketing Awards are now open and close on September 1st. You can enter at www.corkchamber.ie/cdma
Speaking on these stats, Aoife Dunne, Business School Manager – Cork Chamber Business School; “We’ve noticed in the past few years the number of entries referencing Instagram and Snapchat going up while Twitter and Facebook entries were remaining static. This year we have a dedicated category for Snapchat and Instagram and it’s one of the most popular.”
Damien Mulley, Awards Consultant, added, “Facebook isn’t going anywhere soon, it’s the number one place to market to people online but the age profile is now aging and young people do not want to share a digital space with their parents and their granny, so they’re off to Snapchat.”
About the Cork Digital Marketing Awards
Entries for the Cork Digital Marketing Awards 2017 are now open and you can enter online atwww.corkchamber.ie/cdma by completing a very simple on-line application form.
Entry is free and is open to all businesses in the region, nominations will close on the 1st September 2017.
The 2017 Award Categories are:
- Best Website – New Business
- Best Website – Small Business
- Best Website – Medium Business
- Best Website – Large Business
- Best E-Commerce Website
- Best Use of Instagram or Snapchat
- Best Use of Twitter – Business with 20 or less employees
- Best Use of Twitter – Business with 20+ employees
- Best Use of Video – Business with 30 or less employees
- Best Use of Video – Business with 30+ employees
- Best Use of Facebook – New Business
- Best Use of Facebook – Small Business
- Best Use of Facebook – Medium Business
- Best Use of Facebook – Large Business
- Best Use of Digital Marketing to Showcase Cork
- Digital Superhero