14 September 2015
By Tom O’Sullivan
Giving blood then takes only around 8 to 15 minutes. The total volume of blood taken is 470ml, which is less than a pint.
After making a donation* (*in Ireland givers are not paid) you will then be advised to rest for a short period before going to the canteen where you will be offered a free drink and light refreshments.
Congratulations. You’ve saved a life. Are you interested?
This weeks Blood Donor Clinics in Cork will be in:
- (Tonight!) Carrigaline, The GAA Hall, Monday, 14th September 2015, 5pm – 8.30pm
- Carrigaline, The GAA Hall, Tuesday, 15th September 2015, 5pm – 8.30pm
- Cobh, The GAA Hall, Wednesday, 16th September 2015, 5pm – 8.30pm
- Cobh, The GAA Hall, Thursday, 17th September 2015, 5pm – 8.30pm
Meanwhile the Cork City Blood Donor Clinic in the grounds of St. Finbarr’s Hospital, Douglas Road is open every week, year round on
- Monday: 3.30pm – 7.30pm (excluding bank holidays)
- Tuesday: 3.30pm – 7.30pm
- Wednesday: 11.30am – 2.30pm
- Thursday: 3.30pm – 7.30pm
For appointments/enquiries please phone 021 4807 400 or see www.GiveBlood.ieFollow TheCork.ie (The Online Newspaper for Cork, Ireland) on social media