1 May 2022
By Tom Collins
Do you have a document that needs the signature of a Commissioner for Oaths / Peace Commissioner / Notary Public / Notary / Practising Solicitor in Glanmire?
Mr David O’Sullivan (BA, DipBusLegal, HDipHRM) is a well known Cork Commissioner for Oaths who focuses on evenings and travel in Cork City and suburbs. He can sign all Affidavits, Statutory Declarations, and Certified/True Copies for use in Ireland.
When might you need a Commissioner for Oaths? Generally, you will have received a form which requires your signature to be witnessed. Currently, a popular document is the ‘Form 8 Application for Naturalisation (Citizenship)’.
Examples of other documents that he can sign are
- Affidavit of Freedom to Marry
Sole Guardian Affidavit – used when applying for a Passport for a child, where only one parent is available to sign
Child Passport Identity and Consent form – also used when applying for a Passport for a child
Affidavit of Identity / Affidavit of Discrepancy / ‘One-and-the-same person’ Affidavit
(typically used when an Irish person is doing business abroad and needs to account for why their Birth Certificate name and ‘commonly known as’ names differ, for example, because one is in the Irish language – which may be custom and practice in Ireland but would need an explanation to a foreign agency. We can provide a blank form for this.)
- Sworn Affidavit of no criminal convictions
Affidavit of Means
- Affidavit of Welfare
- Statement of Affairs
- All Revenue Commissioner Affidavits, for any purpose
- Oath of Executor (part of the probate older process)
- Affidavit of testamentary capacity by Medical Doctor (part of the probate process)
- Affidavit Form 47 used by the Land Registry‘ Application for registration by surviving joint tenant(s) – and, indeed, all other Land Registry Affidavits
- Affidavit in lieu of a Lost Document
- Affidavit of Loss
- All Affidavits used in the marital separation process
David O’Sullivan Commissioner for Oaths focuses on evenings up to 8pm. The CommissionerForOaths.ie website says “We aim to offer a same day service. With our service, you don’t need to take time off work, speak to secretaries, find parking, or spend time in a waiting room. Instead, we travel to you at a time that suits your schedule. For example, we can travel to your home in the evening.”
See CommissionerForOaths.ie or call 087 900 4346 to make a booking