20 October 2020
By Rona Coghlan
PRO Carrigaline Toastmasters
Maybe you discovered Pina Coladas in the depths of lockdown, or maybe you can’t articulate a sentence without your morning cup of java roast? Maybe you’re saving a fortune on Fever Tree Tonic and Dingle Gin since the pubs closed or you prefer your Jameson served straight, no ice? “Beverages,” was the theme of the Carrigaline Toastmasters meeting. Members and visitors alike, shared stories involving beverages.
Tim discovered the size of the glass matters when drinking potent alcoholic beverages abroad. He was wondering why his friend had bought such a small serving glass, but one sip of powerful liquor and the reason was obvious!
- Amit recommended masla tea. He explained that this Indian tea is his favourite drink. It is warming, soothing and invigorating. There are no hangover effects to deal with either. He convinced the audience to give this treat a try.
- Marion and Raphaela don’t have specific favourites but enjoy a variety of tastes. They happily move between the full range of beverages on offer.
- Marguerite educated us on using Zoom for presentations during a prepared educational speech. She demonstrated some techniques for the club and took audience questions.
- Marion shared her Camino experiences. She reassured the audience that GPS, signage and maps keep everyone on the right track. A range of packages mean that you can choose the level of effort you need to exert. Backpacks can be carried on your back or couriered.
- Blathnaid had the audience laughing out loud with her comedy speech on her road to becoming an influencer. Comedy may be the niche for this speaker.
Carrigaline Toastmasters will be meeting at 8pm on 2nd November. Private message their Facebook page or text Marion on +353892006179 for the Zoom code. Guests are always welcome and do not have to speak.