22 April 2021
By Roger Jones
CBD vape oil has become a hot health supplement trend in recent years. People hear about it everywhere they go – on the metro, on the ‘gram, on their Facebook and Twitter feeds, and even on the news.
If you have ever wondered what CBD vape oil is exactly, you’ve come to the right place. Men and women have equally taken an interest in adding CBD vape oil to their diet for those extra natural nutrients that cannabinoids can provide.
What is CBD Vape Oil?
First of all, what is CBD?
Also known as cannabidiol, CBD is a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant and has a variety of health benefits, including the ability to relax the body and mind.
Unlike THC, which can get you “high,” CBD does not cause any such “high”. According to research studies so far and testimonial evidence by people who use CBD, just like taking a vitamin supplement, there are potential health benefits related to CBD food supplements.
In very high strengths, CBD could make you sleepy, but in small doses, it can make you more alert. Here are some other effects of vaping CBD:
- Improved mood
- Reduced anxiety or stress
- Pain relief – can help deal with headaches, chronic pain, and arthritis
- Improved sleep quality
CBD can come in many forms, from capsules to gummies to oils you can drop under your tongue and of course CBD vape oil (also known as vape juice). Why vape CBD oil over all other methods and options? Well, vaping CBD is known to result in the fast absorption of cannabidiol into the body. The CBD is absorbed through your lungs and then into the body where it works like any other vitamins and minerals used as part of your supplement intake.
To vape CBD, you must purchase a vape device and fill it with CBD vape oil. This liquid produces a vapour you can inhale once your vape device heats up.
CBD vape oil is not oil at all, but e-liquid, which contains propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG). However cleaner versions of vape products are now being produced without the former additives included. CBD oil is extracted from industrial hemp plants, which is a form of the cannabis plant family.
CBD vape oils typically only have three ingredients:
- Carrier ingredients – the liquids dissolving the flavouring and CBD
Why is CBD Vape Oil So Popular in Ireland?
There are many reasons why CBD has become so popular in recent years as a health food supplement.
- In addition to pain relief, improving sleep quality and mood, CBD vape oil could help you if you’re struggling with your mental health.
- CBD vape oil could help to control stress levels.
- CBD vape oil could also help people with ADHD by boosting their dopamine levels to sharpen their memory, focus, and self-awareness.
- CBD vape oil may improve your sex life. By relieving stress and anxiety, CBD can reduce incidents of erectile dysfunction.
- CBD vape oil has become popular in Ireland because it is non-toxic, meaning it will not get you “high” and euphoric like THC can. However, it can still give you the above health benefits.
- CBD vape oil is a fast-acting method of taking CBD since you inhale it into your body. This is in comparison to taking a CBD capsule, which must go through the digestive system to work.
- CBD vape oil could help acne. It can prevent sebaceous gland cells from excreting excessive sebum and prevent the activation of inflammatory agents that promote acne.
- CBD vape oil could alleviate cancer-related symptoms such as vomiting and nausea. In one study, CBD significantly helped reduce pain in people with cancer who did not experience relief from pain medication.
- CBD vape oil may have neuroprotective qualities. This means it may help people with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and seizures.
- CBD could also benefit your heart. Research has shown that CBD could help reduce high blood pressure as well as reduce inflammation and cell death associated with heart disease.
What Flavours of CBD Vape Oil Can I Get?
Flavoured vape oils mask any taste of CBD oil supplements. There are plenty of flavours to choose from, such as:
- Strawberry cheesecake
Is CBD Vape Oil Expensive?
CBD vape oil is not too expensive. Most are below €60 for 10-15 ml.
Some brands will be pricier than others. Although budget CBD vape oils may be tempting, you need to check whether the product has undergone testing in a lab before you decide to buy it.
Before deciding to buy CBD vape oils, watch out for poorly produced CBD vape oil. Since the CBD industry is relatively new and the demand for CBD oils is greater than ever, the creation and distribution of such products are not always up to par.
Often, manufacturers produce CBD vape oils with a lack of attention. This is why you need to look for reputable CBD companies and brands in Ireland.
You should consider the following before deciding to buy CBD vape juice:
- Extraction process: How is the product made? You should look for a CBD vape oil that uses the supercritical CO2 extraction method, where supercooled liquid CO2 is the solvent. This process purifies CBD products of toxic residue.
- Extra ingredients: What kind of ingredients are in the CBD vape oil? Since you’re inhaling it, you might want to look for all-natural ingredients or as close to all-natural as possible.
- Potency: This refers to the strength of the mixture. If you feel like you can’t take high dosages, go for a CBD vape oil with lower potency. We suggest buying CBD vape oils with lower potencies if you are the type of vaper who takes big, lung-full puffs.
- Brand transparency: What are people online saying about this brand? What is their customer service like? Do they listen to dissatisfied customers – check.
What is the status of CBD Vape Oil to Buy and Use in Ireland?
Yes, CBD vape oil is legal to buy and use in Ireland if it:
- is classed as a food supplement
- contains less than 0.2% THC
- is made from hemp extracts
Unlike many other cannabis-based products, CBD vape oil does not fall under the “controlled substances” regulation if it lacks THC. On the other hand, the Misuse of Drugs Acts 1977 prohibits the sale of CBD vape oil containing more than 0.2% THC, since THC causes a toxic ‘high’ when consumed in large amounts.
When buying CBD vape oils online, make sure that what you’re buying is ok to use in Ireland. You wouldn’t want to make the mistake of buying a CDB product with high (i.e. above 0.2%) THC content produced in the United States.
Do CBD Vape Oils Contain Nicotine?
It depends on the brand.
You can buy nicotine-free CBD vape oils if you want to avoid nicotine intake. Ceelabb for instance, only sells CBD vape oils that are nicotine-free.
For example, their nicotine and THC-free CBD E-Liquid is customizable in terms of flavour and strength and has been lab-tested too.
To Wrap it Up
CBD vape oil is immensely popular in Ireland, for many good reasons. Not only can it help boost your mental health and it could potentially add some health benefits to your vaping habit.