16 June 2022
By Mary Bermingham
Do you have a document that needs the signature of a Commissioner for Oaths / Peace Commissioner / Solicitor in Ovens?
Mr David O’Sullivan (BA, DipBusLegal, HDipHRM) is a well-known Cork Commissioner for Oaths who focuses on evenings and travel in Ballyfeard, Tracton, Minane Bridge and surrounds. He also covers Cork City and suburbs. He can sign all Affidavits, Statutory Declarations, and Certified/True Copies for use in Ireland.
When might you need a Commissioner for Oaths? Generally, you will have received a form which requires your signature to be witnessed.
Examples of other documents that he can sign are
- Affidavit of Freedom to Marry
- Sole Guardian Affidavit – used when applying for a Passport for a child, where only one parent is available to sign
- Child Passport Identity and Consent form – also used when applying for a Passport for a child
- Affidavit of Identity / Affidavit of Discrepancy / ‘One-and-the-same person’ Affidavit
(typically used when an Irish person is doing business abroad and needs to account for why their Birth Certificate name and ‘commonly known as’ names differ, for example, because one is in the Irish language – which may be custom and practice in Ireland but would need an explanation to a foreign agency.
- Sworn Affidavit of no criminal convictions
- Affidavit of Means
- Affidavit of Welfare
- Statement of Affairs
- All Revenue Commissioner Affidavits, for any purpose
- Oath of Executor (part of the probate older process)
- Affidavit of testamentary capacity by Medical Doctor (part of the probate process)
- Affidavit Form 47 used by the Land Registry‘ Application for registration by surviving joint tenant(s) – and, indeed, all other Land Registry Affidavits
- Affidavit in lieu of a Lost Document
- Affidavit of Loss
- All Affidavits used in the marital separation process
David O’Sullivan Commissioner for Oaths focuses on evenings up to 8pm and the website says
“We aim to offer a same day service. With our service, you don’t need to take time off work, speak to secretaries, find parking, or spend time in a waiting room. Instead, we travel to you at a time that suits your schedule. For example, we can travel to your home in the evening.”
Visit CommissionerForOaths.ie or call/text 087 900 4346 to make a booking to have your documents signed and rubber-stamped today,